Last modified: January 28, 2019
CNote Group, Inc. (“Company” or “we”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website mycnote.com or related services (collectively, our “Website”) or when you email us or respond to our emails, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on the Website. It does not apply to information collected by any third party.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, bank account information, and social security number (collectively, “personal information”). The collection of this information is necessary to provide the functionality of the Website and/or to comply with applicable laws and regulations related to the Website’s product offerings.
We also collect information that is about you but that does not individually identify you, such as aggregated information regarding the usage patterns of all users. Finally, we may collect information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and your usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us and automatically as you navigate through the Website, such as usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
In addition, third parties, such as credit rating agencies, may provide us with information about you. We will obtain a credit score for any business, corporation or other entity interested in becoming an investor only with the permission of an authorized representative or agent of the entity. We may also obtain additional commercially available information from third parties or public sources.
We collect this information when you provide it by filling in forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of indicating interest in our services and also when registering and setting up a user profile, subscribing to newsletters or emails, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website or abuse by another user. We may keep records and copies of all correspondence if you contact us. We may keep details of transactions you carry out through the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We currently do not respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website or emails we send to you may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages, opened emails, and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying integrity).
- Google Analytics. We may use third-party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze information such as Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages visited, the time and date of use, the time spent on pages and other statistics in order to increase the Website’s functionality and optimize our user experience. You may opt out of Google Analytics data collection by clicking this link. Note that clearing your cookies could reset your opt-out status and Google also has its own policies, which we cannot control, that dictate how they use your information and how you may opt out.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information to present the Website and its contents to you, for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you specifically provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- to contact you about our own services and other news or information that may be of interest to you;
- to better understand the behavior of our users and improve the Website and our product offerings;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and for any other purpose with your express consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business, including, but not limited, to service providers who help us analyze the behavior of our users and improve the Website;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our users or others;
- for any other purpose disclosed by use when you provide the information; and
- with your express consent.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Emails from the Company. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Special Notice for California Residents
Under S.B. 27 as enacted in California law, California residents have the right to receive, once a year, information about third parties with whom we have shared information about you or your family for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make a request under S.B. 27: please send a message to email@example.com. We will respond to you within thirty (30) days of receiving such a request.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we employ commercially reasonable, industry-standard methods to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.