About the Position
CNote is a YCombinator-backed fintech platform on a mission to close the wealth gap through financial innovation. CNote’s platform helps deploy millions of dollars into underserved communities to fuel more affordable housing, small business growth and drive economic justice in communities of color and low-income communities. Our team is ambitious, passionate and creative. We are developing cutting edge technology to level the playing field on who has access to capital and opportunity once and for all.
As Vice President of Engineering, you will be responsible for helping drive CNote’s technology roadmap, team, and growth strategy as we lead the industry in delivering access to capital for underserved communities.
You will be responsible for continuing to transform and drive engineering and operational excellence for the growth of the business at a healthy trajectory while balancing the need to find efficiencies across the organization. Analytical, creative, and collaborative, you will share our passion for data and drive for simplicity. As a successful technical leader, you will lead through data and insights, obsess about clients’ outcomes in every decision, and lead by developing the trust and respect of teammates. As a senior leader at CNote, you will shape how we continue to transform the financial services industry to create greater economic opportunity for all.
A few examples of what you will drive as part of this critical role:
- Engineering strategy — Responsible for working with cross-functional stakeholders in creating a clear, convincing technical strategy.
- Technical Execution — Responsible for scaling and building our products globally across multiple markets — serving our community of investors, financial institutions, and community finance organizations.
- OKR management for the engineering team and collaboration across the organization — Responsible for collaborating across multiple functions to align the team’s OKRs with the company’s objectives and shorter-term execution plans.
- People management and leadership — Manage, mentor, and grow our globally distributed engineering team.
- Building platforms and technology reviews — Develop standards and procedures to ensure quality standards are met and maintained. Understand and collaborate on the complete product lifecycle from concept to execution. Recommends new technology and ideas to improve sprints and efficiency.
- Getting things done and being comfortable diving into the weeds to drive functional and operational excellence — You will enjoy a working environment that fosters a sense of belonging and where you can be yourself, with flexible hours, compensation, and benefits. We have thoughtful discussions about difficult topics and respect different views.
You will be surrounded by individuals who are passionate about our mission and the impact we can make in this business area. You will experience a supportive, committed, and helpful working environment. There is an opportunity to engage in multiple areas, test concepts, and work cross-functionally to drive change.
Who You Are:
- Served as VP of Engineering and/or Chief Technology Officer of a growing B2B FinTech business
- Experience with data aggregation, analysis, and data science
- Created a high-performance, transparent environment focused on accountability and results, preferably managing globally distributed teams
- Proven ability to deliver products that support large enterprise clients with little tolerance for risk
- Comfortable with product lifecycle testing — embraces a build, measure, learn approach
- Experience building platforms for multiple user types: developers, investors and/or institutions
- As a leader, you excite and inspire peak performance with unquestionable ethics and sound judgment; You embrace a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality, balancing pragmatism and bias for action with building resilient and scalable systems
- Willingness and belief in continuous improvement and learning
- Open, inclusive mindset
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fluid start-up environment
- Company-paid health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO, with a minimum of 14 days off required annually
- 401(k) with 5% company match after 6 months of employment
- Highly collaborative and flexible remote work environment with a fully distributed team
- Quarterly wellness stipend
- Professional development opportunities
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and include an equity stake in CNote.
Information will be requested to perform a compulsory background check, and permanent authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
CNote embraces diversity and is committed to co-creating a positive, inclusive work culture for all employees by recruiting, developing and retaining the most talented people from all backgrounds and experiences, who challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. CNote is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that prohibits unlawful discrimination or prejudice of any kind based upon race, religion, national origin, family status (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.