CNote technology unlocks access to new capital and partnerships for community-focused depository organizations
What Is The Promise Account Program?
The Promise Account: Connecting You to Impact Investors
The Promise Account Program connects corporations and other impact investors to institutions like yours that work deep in their communities to affect positive change for their members and customers. CNote capital comes at no cost to our community partners via deposits into your organization’s existing CDs and Money Market offerings.
- Build direct connections to a network of new impact investor capital through a single touchpoint, CNote
- CNote investors are deeply committed to economic justice and community development
- Because of that alignment, CNote investors are more willing to offer lower interest rates and longer commitment periods
- Get the opportunity for deeper engagement with leading Promise Account Investors like PayPal and Mastercard
- Zero-fee program that prioritizes long-term community impact
Industry Partners Include
We’re invested in your growth
New Partner, New Opportunities
CNote’s mission is to close the wealth gap by drastically increasing the capital flows into communities across America. We do that by partnering with leading community lenders, like your organization, that deliver on the promise of a more inclusive economy. Our goal is to provide affordable, mission-aligned capital, while opening the door to deeper engagement.
- New source of deposits
- Growth capital opportunities
- Visibility and partnership opportunities
- New member opportunities
- Lower administrative burden with account opening and reporting
What Is CNote?
CNote: Committed to Community Development
CNote takes a community-first approach in its role as a capital intermediary. We work to ensure that Depository Institutions (DIs) can expand the reach of the great work they do on their terms. With technology at the heart of our partnership, we create efficiencies and take the burden off of your organization.
- A mission-aligned organization with partnerships at CUNA Strategic Services, the National Bankers Association, and a team with deep community-finance industry experience
- CNote has operated since 2016 with over $100,000,000 deployed into communities
- Female-founded and led certified B-Corp committed to financial inclusion and diversity
- Our team is committed to growing the community finance industry and educating the public about the transformative impact of community investment
- Standardized and streamlined impact reporting through CNote’s Promise Account
Benefits to Your Organization
No setup, service or management fees
Instead of spending months building investor relationships, capital can be sent in just a few days
Impact-focused deposits are longer-term and less transactional
Ongoing collaboration with large impact investors and corporations can lead to future funding opportunities like equity and secondary capital
CNote advocates for the industry and its partners, brand awareness activities include media campaigns, case studies, and webinars
Common Program Questions
No, for several reasons but primarily:
- CNote does not market-specific products/rates or institutions to clients.
- CNote places customer funds in transactional accounts at your FI, and does not receive fees, interest, or other remuneration by the FI.
CNote’s Promise Account dollars are matched to your Depository Institution’s (DI) preferred depository product terms and offered rates.
We will work with you to determine the DI’s total amount of capital that you will be eligible to receive and we invite you to share with us what your needs are.